Protect the environment (and your wallet) with affordable solar financing. Solarize Community residents can save even more.
- Competitive Rates
- Quick Decisions
- Local Processing
- $3,000 to $35,000 loans to install solar power systems
- Competitive rates: 6.000%/6.189% APR1
- Up to 12 months of interest-only payments during construction, followed by a standard 10-year repayment term
- Ability to re-amortize within the first 18 months at no cost
- Clinton Savings Bank will file a lien for equipment under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC-1) within the county the property is located
Find out if your community participates with Solarize Massachusetts (Solarize Mass), which offers discounts for qualifying applicants. Solarize Mass seeks to increase the adoption of small-scale solar electricity in participating communities through a competitive solicitation process that aggregates homeowner buying power to lower installation prices for participants.
1APR = Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Minimum loan amount $3,000.00. Maximum loan amount $35,000.00. Up to 12 months interest only payments during construction period. Your interest only monthly payments based on a loan amount of $10,000 at an interest rate of 6.000%/6.189% APR would be $49.32. Once installation is completed your monthly payment based on a loan amount of $10,000.00 at an interest rate of 6.000%/6.189% APR and a repayment term of 120 months is $111.02. A $85.00 UCC-1 filing fee will apply. All loans subject to meeting Mass Solar Loan Program guidelines. Homes must have had a residential energy audit within the past five years or have one scheduled at the time of loan closing. Financing available on primary residences located in Massachusetts only. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Receive a solar price quote from a pre-qualified Mass Solar Loan installer by finding a list of eligible installers and resources to help you choose an installer at MassSolarLoan.com
- Select an installer and sign a solar installation contract
- Work with your installer to complete your Mass Solar Loan technical application online
- Provide your tax information online, if you are applying for income-based loan support
- Once you receive your technical confirmation document via email, work with Clinton Savings Bank to complete your loan application
- When your loan closes, Clinton Savings Bank advances you 35% of the loan to cover initial construction costs
- After your solar system is connected by your utility, your installer files your project completion documents
- When the Project receives a completion approval by Mass Solar, you receive the remainder of your loan from Clinton Savings Bank
- Only solar electric (photovoltaic) systems owned by the resident are eligible
- Third-party lease or power purchase agreements for solar are NOT eligible
- CSB provides solar loan financing in the following Massachusetts towns/cities: Berlin, Bolton, Boylston, Clinton, Harvard, Holden, Lancaster, Leominster, Northborough, Princeton, Shrewsbury, Sterling, West Boylston, and Worcester.
- Loan recipients must be Massachusetts residential property owners or Massachusetts residents
- Loan recipients must meet CSB-defined loan qualification standards
- Solar electric systems must be connected to the electricity distribution grid
- Solar electric systems may not have previously received incentives from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Homes must have had a residential energy audit within the past five years or have one scheduled at the time of loan closing
- Income based Loan Support and Interest Rate Buy Down available for those customers that qualify according to MassSolar's income requirements