Mass Save Heat Loan
Help save the environment and money — all in one. A Mass Save Heat Loan offers loans up to $25,000 to qualified borrowers for a wide range of energy efficient heating and cooling systems, thermostats, insulation, and much more. Take advantage of 0% APR financing!* Speak to a helpful CSB professional to see if you qualify.
- Loans available at 0% APR*
- Meant to assist with the installation of qualified energy efficient home improvements
- Amounts available up to $25,000 (depending on utility)
- Loans over $15,000 must be secured by the borrowers' home
- For qualified owner occupied residence and rental property
- Types of Mass Save Heat Loans:
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- 7-Day Digital Programmable Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Replacement Windows
To qualify for the loan, you must own a one-to-four-family residence located in Worcester County: obtain a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified energy efficiency measures recommended by a Mass Save representative.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Monthly payment based on a loan amount of $5,000.00 at 0.00% APR and a repayment term of 84 months is $59.52. All loans subject to meeting Mass Save Heat Loan Program guidelines. Heat Loan Program requires a Home Energy Assessment from a Mass Save Energy Specialist; to schedule your assessment call 866.527.7283. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Required Steps
1. Must sign up for a Home Energy Assessment from an authorized Mass Save program vendor.
2. A Mass Save representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing. The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, Program Steps, and Minimum Standards and Requirements.
3. Obtain written contractor price proposal(s) for the installation of the improvements.
4. Forward the proposal(s) for review and approval to your Mass Save HEAT Loan representative along with the HEAT Loan Intake Form.
5. Once approved you will receive a HEAT Loan Authorization Form.
6. Finalizes the loan and obtain two-party checks.
7. Measures are installed and Mass Save representative conducts a post-installation inspection on the installed improvements.
8. After satisfactory inspection, sign check over to contractor and any additional rebates are processed.