Mass Solar Loans
Thinking of going solar? Let CSB help finance your way to help save the environment and money -- all in one. A Mass Solar Loan financed through Clinton Savings Bank offers loans up to $35,000 to qualified borrowers seeking to install solar power systems on their homes. Take advantage of 4.500%/4.682% APR financing!*
- First, we recommend visiting www.masssolarloan.com to find an installer and obtain your technical confirmation, then we invite you to apply. Already have your installer and confirmation? Apply Now!
- Questions? Just call us at 888-744-4272(4CSB) to let us help walk you through getting the power of solar energy and savings!
- Serving the Worcester and Middlesex Counties.
Solar Financing Made Easy
- Receive a solar price quote from a pre-qualified Mass Solar Loan installer by finding a list of eligible installers and resources to help you choose an installer at www.MassSolarLoan.com.
- Select an installer and sign a solar installation contract.
- Work with your installer to complete your Mass Solar Loan technical application online.
- Provide your tax information online, if you are applying for income-based loan support.
- Once you receive your technical confirmation document via email, work with Clinton Savings Bank to complete your loan application.
- When your loan closes, Clinton Savings Bank advances you 35% of the loan to cover initial construction costs.
- After your solar system is connected by your utility, your installer files your project completion documents.
When the Project receives a completion approval by Mass Solar, you receive the remainder of your loan from Clinton Savings Bank.
- $3,000 to $35,000 loans
- Low interest rate
- Up to 12 months of interest-only payments during construction, followed by a standard 10-year repayment term
- Ability to re-amortize within the first 18 months at no cost
- Clinton Savings Bank will file a lien for equipment under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC-1) within the county the property is located.
- Only solar electric (photovoltaic) systems owned by the resident are eligible.
- Third-party lease or power purchase agreements for solar are NOT eligible.
- Financing available on primary residences located in Massachusetts only.
- Loan recipients must be Massachusetts residential property owners or Massachusetts residents.
- Loan recipients must meet CSB-defined loan qualification standards.
- Solar electric systems must be connected to the electricity distribution grid.
- Solar electric systems may not have previously received incentives from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
- Homes must have had a residential energy audit within the past five years or have one scheduled at the time of loan closing.
- View Frequently Asked Questions for Mass Solar Loans
- Find out if your community participates with Solarize Massachusetts (Solarize Mass) which offers discounts for qualifying applicants. Solarize Mass seeks to increase the adoption of small-scale solar electricity in participating communities through a competitive solicitation process that aggregates homeowner buying power to lower installation prices for participants
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Minimum loan amount $3,000.00. Maximum loan amount $35,000.00. Up to 12 months interest only payments during construction period. Your interest only monthly payments based on a loan amount of $10,000 at an interest rate of 4.500%/4.682% APR would be $36.99. Once installation is completed your monthly payment based on a loan amount of $10,000.00 at an interest rate of 4.500%/4.682% APR and a repayment term of 120 months is $103.64. A $55.00 UCC-1 filing fee will apply. All loans subject to meeting Mass Solar Loan Program guidelines. Homes must have had a residential energy audit within the past five years or have one scheduled at the time of loan closing. Financing available on primary residences located in Massachusetts only. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Brought to you by