Updates & Important Information
Update July 2, 2020: Mortgage Application Alert
Due to the high volume of applications, our online mortgage application is temporarily unavailable. If you need to apply please call us at 978-365-3700 or check our lobby hours to visit your nearest branch.
Update Thursday, July 2, 2020
Our phased-in approach to re-opening to normal operations
We’re happy to inform you that beginning Monday, September 14th, all of our branch lobbies (excluding school branches) will be open Monday – Friday from 9am to 4pm and Saturday 9am till noon! (click on Phase Two below for more information). Our coin machines will also now be available for customers to use.
Our overriding plan is to carefully resume normal operations on-site and in all of our branches in a thoughtful and careful way in the near future, with the health and well-being of our employees and customers at the forefront of our thinking.
As with each phase, we will follow state and local guidelines as closely as possible. In Phase One, although you have not had open access to our branch lobbies, you have been able to conduct all of your banking needs through our drive-up banking, as well in-person appointments and by phone.
Phase Two - Branch re-opening
In Phase Two, Monday, July 6th, the lobbies of our Berlin, Bolton, Boylston, Clinton, Sterling and West Boylston branches will be open! And as always, you have the option of getting all your banking done at any of our branch drive-ups, online using our online banking tools and mobile app, in person by appointment or by phone.
- Because your safety and the safety of our employees is of the utmost concern, when you enter the lobby…
- You will be required to wear a mask
- You will be met by a greeter and will be asked for ID and to briefly lower your mask for identification purposes -- please have your ID ready for the greeter
We will be limiting the number of customers inside the lobby at any one time for the foreseeable future, so longer wait times may occur, we appreciate your patience and understanding. You may contact your local branch for an appointment.
To further ensure your peace of mind, you will notice several safety enhancements that we have made to our lobbies. These include…
- Sanitization stations
- Directional signage
- Floor decals to help maintain social distancing
- Plexiglass shields at the Relationship Banker stations
We do not have a projected start date for Phase Three at this time. As communication from the state and local officials progresses a date will be determined. Once Phase Three has commenced, we hope to be returning to the normal operation of our branches and continue our strict health and safety measures until such time as they are no longer necessary.
Ongoing measures planned to ensure in-branch health and safety
To make Clinton Savings Bank a safe destination for employees and customers, we have already begun to implement regular enhanced cleaning and sanitization methods into our regular daily and weekly schedule. Some of the additional measures we will be taking include:
- The Installation of social distancing enhancements such as directional signage and floor decals to help employees and customers maintain social distancing to keep 6ft apart
- Limiting the number of customers in a branch at one time
- Installing plexiglass shields at all customer interaction locations as well as providing hand sanitizer stations in all lobbies
- Require all customers to wear masks prior to entering the Bank
- Providing all staff Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) -- masks, gloves, tissues, and hand sanitizer
- Allow front line staff regular handwashing breaks and have wipes to sanitize frequently touched surfaces
At Clinton Savings Bank, providing our customers with a “beyond banking” experience has always been our goal. Though our face-to-face relationship with you may be “on hold” for now, we do want to remind you of our online and mobile suite of enhanced banking tools. You can access your account(s), open a deposit account, apply for a mortgage or any consumer loan and of course get information regarding commercial loans. We have made important investments in our online banking platform to provide you with ease-of-use and banking whenever and wherever you need it.
As we said at the start, we have great optimism as it pertains to getting our customers’ banking experience back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for being a valued customer and for your patience. There may be bumps in the road as we move through our phased-in approach, and it may change along the way as this is unchartered territory for all of us.
We will continue to keep you up to date. If you have any questions please call 978-365-3700 or visit us at clintonsavings.com.
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
To check on your eligibility for a cash payment or to check a payment status under the government's Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments visit irs.gov and click on 'where's my refund'.
If you have received an Economic Impact Payment Debit Card with your stimulus check pre-loaded, to avoid surcharges- you can use it to shop anywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted: in-store, online or by phone, including paying bills. If you would like to get cash at a surcharge-free at any in-network ATM use the locator https://www.eipcard.com/locator
For more information or to activate your card, please visit; https://www.eipcard.com
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Forgiveness
August 10, 2020
Clinton Savings Bank has created an online portal to provide access to the application for loan forgiveness. If you received your PPP funds through CSB, we will send you an email invitation to access the online application. As a reminder, we will not accept paper applications.
Once you have completed your application, we will then submit the application to the SBA, which has 90 days to review and respond to Clinton Savings Bank. We will contact you as soon as we hear from the SBA.
The SBA will no longer provide PPP loans after August 8, 2020. The forgiveness application on our web site will be available only for customers that received a PPP loan from Clinton Savings Bank.
Update Friday, April 3, 2020
As the coronavirus physically impacts individuals in our worldwide, ill-intended scammers scheme for financial gain – please be aware.
Money Mules Scams – scammers send individuals a check and then tell them to send part of the money to someone else.
What To Do: Break off contact with the scammers and stop moving money for them, tell your bank and the wire transfer or gift card company that you may have used, report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov/compliant
Beware of Suspicious E-mails
- Fraudulent e-mails about COVID-19 – if you receive emails about updates regarding COViD-19 use caution before opening. Make sure you know who it is from, look at the sender, subject line, and at the IP address. Some emails contain malicious attachments that install malware to potentially harm your computer.
- Emails disguised from hospitals -- an email asking to download an excel file to complete a form that you must take to the nearest hospital as you may have come in contact with a person having COVID-19. Once the attachment is opened hackers may then steal credentials and personal information and have access to recent sites that you may have visited.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – emails that target supply companies requesting they provide medial protective equipment.
If you receive any suspicious emails DO NOT OPEN. If you have any questions or need to report any information visit [email protected]
Easy ways to bank while practicing social distancing.
- Online & Mobile Banking: These tools will allow you to access and monitor your account, make transfers, pay bills, deposit checks and send money to others from the comfort of your home. If you don’t already utilize these convenient services, visit us at our website to enroll or download our mobile banking app for iPhone or for Android.
- ATM/Drive-Up: Avoid person to person contact by using our ATM or Drive-Up service, which is available at all of our locations. Please remember that these are public machines/equipment so sanitize your hands after usage. CSB is part of the Allpoint network with over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMS - just look for the Allpoint logo.
- Apply Online: You can apply for loans, mortgages and even open a checking account all online!
- Debit card or Visa card purchases are also recommended during this time to prevent the handling of money.
ATM Safety Tips
- Guard your pin and always keep it a secret
- Never leave your card laying around
- Protect your ATM card as if it is cash
- Be alert and think of your own safety when using an ATM
- Check ATM for any fraudulent devices attached
- Keep records of your transactions
**These tips are meant to make you aware that although rare, ATM crime can happen. Preventing such a crime must be a cooperative effort between you and us.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your closest CSB branch.